‘The Poet Idol Season 2’ begins Digital Audition

Kathmandu, October10

Nepal’s first ever poetry reality show ‘The Poet Idol Season 2’ has begun to conduct its global digital audition. Director of Poet Idol Aman Pratap Adhikari informed that the digital audition for this season which started from 10th of Ashoj, will be conducted until 15th of Kartik.

As per the notice, contestants are asked to submit a video containing his/her recital of original poetry through Viber, WhatsApp, E-mail or Messenger. While the digital audition also demands the poetry to be composed in at least 75% Nepali language and the remaining 25%  could include any language.

While only the poets above 18 years are eligible for the audition. It also reads that the participants are requested to send  a copy of citizenship along with the poetry for the audition round.

Contestants can send their poetry at thepoetidol@gmail.com or 9808116644.

Any poetry that lacks originality will lead to the expulsion of the poet from the competition, states the notice.

In the earlier season, Sikkim based poet Nilam Gurung was crowned the title of ‘The Poet Idol’.